Friday, March 23, 2007

Watch Out for the Law of Attraction Jihadists

At the beginning of March, I warned Amazon.com customers about writing negative reviews of The Secret.

I said to be on the lookout for law of attraction jihadists because these fanatics will symbolically behead you if you write a less than stellar review of their holy Secret.

As I wrote in my post, writing a bad review of The Secret is like messing with these people's religion.

Since I wrote that post, jihadist activity surrounding The Secret on Amazon has intensified, even more than I originally could have imagined, as you'll soon see.

Two days ago an Amazon customer, Paulette Paglia, replied to my forum post and said:

"Your thoughts are spot on. Thank you for some insightful thought provoking stuff!

The 21st century New Agers have now shown themselves to be no different than the lunatic close-minded fundamentalists found in other religions & cults.

I experienced this a couple of years ago at an Abe/Hicks meet up group. I am happy to say that it only took me a handful of visits to realize that the Abraham people were mean, strange & not very bright. If anyone said anything which they felt was contradictory to what Abraham/Esther Hicks preached - they really let you have it. There was nothing compassionate, understanding or objective about the way they operated."

Judging from her reply and by some of her favorite books, Paulette is (like me, Cosmic Connie and so many other outspoken Secret critics) no stranger to the law of attraction.

...Been there, done that, as the saying goes.

It's interesting, but some of the The Secret's staunchest critics happen to be people who know the law of attraction inside and out. Apparently, they're not happy with the way it's been portrayed in The Secret either.

As one spiritual seeker put it:

"Friends, this is not a recipe for anything but a frontal lobotomy. This is not high spiritual truth passed down through the ages, it's narcissistic delusion, bordering on the psychotic, plugged into the akashic records by a tinfoil hat.

It is a complete abdication of depth in favor of a supremely superficial analysis of life.

It is a marvelous example of everything wrong with the new age movement and is so insulting of the true nature of suffering, so ignorant of the realities of privilege and oppression, so authoritative in it's endorsement magical thinking and judgment of those who are not doing it right as to set any nascent spiritual development and self-awareness back a good 5 to 10 years."


Lambasting rookies is one thing, but attempting to attack and discredit law of attraction veterans is just plain foolish.

Unfortunately, many of these Secret jihadists have chosen to ignore the obvious and will instead attack anyone who has a negative opinion about The Secret.

I find it all ironic, since these jihadists aren't really practicing anything even close to the law of attraction.

The law of attraction states simply that like attracts like. Or, as Abraham-Hicks puts it:


"You are the attractor of everything that comes into your experience."



Don't these law of attraction zealots understand that what they focus on expands?

Don't they grasp the fact that they have attracted the critics into their experience?

Hmmm... it seems to me, a) they don't inherently believe in the law of attraction, b) they're just interested in getting even, c) they're actually clueless about the law of attraction (and if this is true they have no business attacking reviewers in the first place), or d) all of the above.

Call me crazy, but I think the answer is d) all of the above.

And make no mistake. By replying to virtually every negative review of The Secret on Amazon, they are engaging in a form of jihad.

Jihad as you may know, literally means struggle in the way of God or "holy war."

One person in particular has made it his or her life's purpose to comment on anyone who posts a negative review of The Secret on Amazon.com

If you think I'm exaggerating, I'd like to call your attention to an Amazon customer who goes by the name of 'freereign.'

This person has made it his or her personal jihad to reply to anyone who leaves an anti-Secret review.

By my calculations, as of today, this person has left comments on nearly 150 negative reviews of The Secret (the DVD and book combined).

150 and counting!!!

I don't know about you, but I've never seen anything like it on Amazon or any other online marketplace.

Sure, there are other Secret jihadists trolling around Amazon waiting to strike, but they usually give up after a week or a few days.

'freereign' is different. This person is there day in and day out. It's obvious they're on a mission.

Don't believe me?

Go have a look for yourself. Be sure to read the comments section right under anyone who's posted a negative review of The Secret (3 stars or less).

In nearly all cases, you'll see a response by 'freereign.'

If not, don't worry. 'freereign' simply hasn't had the time to comment yet. Rest assured, he or she will.

At first, I thought it may have been Rhonda Byrne herself or someone she hired to help make anti-Secret reviewers look like schlocks.

But, after a little investigation and Google searching I've come to the conclusion that it's just one of several lone warriors who feels compelled to strike back at non-believers.

Consider this a WARNING...

If you're thinking about finally writing that negative review about The Secret on Amazon.com, watch out...

...'freereign' is waiting for you.

-----------

"If drudgery is not found somewhere in a book or course, it isn't worth reading. Of all great works nine tenths must be drudgery." -- Russell Conwell

Calista McKnight
http://www.thesecretlie.com/


P.S. Yes, I know the picture at the top of this post is King Leonidas of Sparta from the movie 300. It has nothing to do with jihad or jihadists, but I used it anyway because I thought it just looked perfect for this post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a life.

Calista McKnight said...

I have a GREAT life, thank you.

And...I know EXACTLY what search terms you used to find this post and also that you've been searching for over 1 hour.....

Perhaps, YOU need to get a life.

I want everyone to know that you are just another Amazon law of attraction jihadist...or should I say a Sec-REtard.

Thanks for stopping by with your drive-by infantile attack and proving the point of this post.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your insane friend was banned from Amazon for going nuts and attacking people. Birds of a feather do flock together. Carry on hating.

Calista McKnight said...

LOL!

I don't know who specifically you are referring to, but if he/she was attacking SEC-RETARDS, then I'm sorry I missed all the fun. ;-)

But seriously...there's no hate here at all.. I don't know what gives you that idea.

If there's any hate, it's on the part of Secret supporters who seem to dislike dissenting opinion.

Instead of posting silly statements, or informing me what Amazon does, why not explain why I'm wrong?

I have plenty of friends who love The Secret. I just think they're all misguided.

Cosmic Connie said...

Isn't it interesting, Calista, that virtually all of the passionate defenders of The Secret choose to attack you anonymously? I have the same problem on my own "hate-filled" blog. :-)

Calista McKnight said...

It's so true Connie. I received several other hate filled and derogatory comments for this post which I rejected. All of them were anonymous.

They'd probably do the same thing on Amazon, but they can't.

Notice too how no one offers any credible arguments as to why we're wrong about the law of attraction.

Instead, their comments only prove what we've been pointing out all along...

Mary Moon said...

Anonymous said...
"Looks like your insane friend was banned from Amazon for going nuts and attacking people. Birds of a feather do flock together. Carry on hating."

I guess we're talking about Paulette here?

I read a few the comments she made right before she was banned. Let's just say they were a little on the strong side. Kinda like too much of your favorite perfume.

And Calista, the term 'secretard' isn't exactly concilliatory.

I still love you though. Even if you are a hate monger and all (LOL! just kidding).

Calista McKnight said...

mary moon said...

And Calista, the term 'secretard' isn't exactly concilliatory.

Perhaps not, but it sure does fit the description of some of these Secretrons.

I've allowed several pro-Secret comments on this blog. The difference is those people had something legitimate to say.

These anonymous, drive-by attacks accomplish nothing except prove the point of this post (and you should have seen the filthy, foul-mouthed comments I deleted).

I never read Paulette's recent Amazon comments, but I'll take your word for it. While I agree with a lot of what Paulette said about The Secret, I don't agree with attacking people, if that's what she did.